View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Master Modeler

walMart has no clue as to what is going on in their stores. As I mentioned previusly, on CNBC, they did a piece on WM, and their giant computer system, yet, when you go to a WM, there are many empty spaces , or, no merchandise at all.

I blame part of it on the way the checker scans items, like it was mention here, if you buy 24 cans of cat food , and the checker only scans one and hits 24, then, according to their system, 24 cans of one particular cat food was purchased.

I have seen, that regular selling items are always out of stock, if their system is so good, why is it. Is it because their supplier of a particular item can't meet the demand? Then, you look for a new supplier. If the items aren't there to be purchased, then WM should not complain that they are not selling.

Like I had mentioned previously, at the WM on Highway 50 in Canon City CO, 10 miles west of Estes, they had a huge display of Estes rockets, but, I am told now, there is practically nothing.

Yes, I would agree the location and the season has something to do with it, but, you must agree, the amount of rocketry items at any WM at any given time has dwindled.

I guess it might be because WM offers the same thing over and over again, no selection. Also, the fact that their toy department people have no clue about model rockets. WM only carries basic starter sets and a handful of motors, and don't carry spare parts or "D" powered anything, especially motors.

I know this topic has been discussed not only here, but on the formeer Estes Forum to no avail. Nothing has changed at WM.

I sent an email two months ago to WM headquarteers
, not only about rockets, but, other item that they continually are out of, and, these are top selling items that they should have in stock.

Like I mentioned previously, if their suppliers cannot fullfill their obligations, then WM needs to look to another vendor.

In my opinion, WM needs someone in their purchasing department who is somewhat familiar with model rockets.

Enough on WM.......