View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 09:28 AM
BP Mafia

Default Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter

This was one of the kits my wife bought for me back in the early/mid-90's. I began construction on it, getting the motor mount in and the fins attached, as well as the glider built, but got sidelined by the brick-like test tosses. It got thrown into the storage space with the Greyhawk, the Super Vega, and the never started Hornet. The F-22ASF fared better than the Super Vega, which suffered crushed tubes and waterlogged balsa, but it did lose a TTW fin. Now, 27-ish years later, I'm finally getting the project restarted. I sprayed a second coat of primer on the booster yesterday, and today should be sanding and Fill & Finish. Have any of you ever flown this bird? I've got the paint that I used for the Death Star, so I'm good there, but it seems pretty sluggish when I hand toss it. Any elevator tricks that I should be aware of?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper