View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Apollo Nut

Steve-

Words alone can't sufficiently convey my condolences to you and your family. Though you and I have never met, all of us here on YORF I guess share a special connection through the passion for our hobby. As such, when one of us hurts or suffers loss, we all, in a way, feel that loss as well.

Your story of your dad's involvement in your hobby and certainly his work for Boeing on the SI-C stage is wonderfully uplifting. Wow, what a legacy he has left you. Being an extreme Apollo history fanatic (I've drooled over those Boeing 'shop floor' photos many times before....I had each of those two as desktop backgrounds over the years), I am truly impressed and envious of your dad's work history and contribution to the success of the Apollo program. That is something that you can truly be proud of, but I'm sure is only a very small part in the grand scheme of things of why you loved him.

Tomorrow, July 20th, will mark the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing. We'll all be reminded once again of the incredible work and talent that people like your father put forth those many years ago to make that dream of man walking on the surface of the Moon come true.

I pray the Lord's strength and grace will embrace you and your family these coming days as you go through this time. And know too that your YORF brothers (and I think a 'sister' or two as well here) will have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970