View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 10:00 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
There is always the possibility that the NASA program will get canceled (yet again) before getting to the moon. It will then be left to SpaceX or possibly another private company to pick up the pieces and do the job. Hopefully, they will actually put the most qualified individual's feet on the moon next, instead of bowing to PC BS. If the most qualified is female, that's awesome. If the most qualified is the whitest dude ever to walk the earth, that's awesome too, cause we finally got back to the moon!

Very true. The chances of the current program making it all the way to the moon without getting canceled are probably 50-50 at best.

And I have *NO* problem with a woman being the next person on the moon; no problem at all IF, like you say, she is the most qualified. BUT, I *DO* have a problem turning a primarily scientific and engineering undertaking into a 'social' experiment. And the way it reads right now, the deck seems certainly to be stacked in the social experiment direction.

But, I'll be pullin' for the program regardless because, as you mentioned, I want to see astronauts back on the moon before I make a permanent change of residence from planet Earth myself. But I'm hopin' that is still a good handful of years away!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970