View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Craftsman

Default Semroc Saturn 1B quietly slips into [history] production again.

[Update - All is OK. The 1B is not OOP.]

This is one of those kits we all have on our "one day" lists. Following the passing of Carl, I have been keeping an occasional eye on the Semroc kit lists, preferring to buy direct to give Sheryl the full sale. The 1B has been Back Ordered the whole time. I noticed a few days ago that it is now simply not listed on the site anymore, either through the Scale or Summary links, or via Search. This post may be premature, but if we were going to get more, I don't imagine it would be removed from the website. I feel a bit awkward about pestering Sheryl and Bruce to confirm, but maybe someone who is closer to them could enquire?

I still remember the excitement when this kit was released back in 2006. I followed all the build threads and ached to own one. I didn't buy because I was too scared. I was fairly new to rocketry then, and I thought I'd make a mess of it and not do it justice. Fortunately, I've come to my senses and a vendor has one on its way to me. I'm still intimidated by it, though.