View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew
I had to Google that, but yeah, that was pretty much the bottom line for me, too, although I was keen to buy one since hearing the news about Carl. I imagine, given the circumstances, that all 1B kits are "Carl" kits. I guess that will add a little bit of extra magic for those of us that care about such things.

There's a lot of Semroc kits that are Back Ordered. Maybe... it might be prudent to seek out any of them around now if there's anything else that has remained on anybody's "to do" list. I hope all is well, but I can't imagine how big Carl's shoes would be to fill in a business like Semroc.

I (and I'm sure many others here) still ache over the loss of Carl, and I think often of Sheryl and Bruce and how they are doing. I can only imagine the challenge of doing all that needs to be done for the variety of kits and parts offered by Semroc. I hope they have been at least able to hire some part-time help to carry out some of the more straightforward work of order filling and the like. But in a small family business like that it still doesn't come near filling the void left by the likes of Carl.

The holidays too make losses like this even more difficult, so for those so inclined, a prayer or two for Sheryl and Bruce during these days would probably be very well timed.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970