View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

I see a lot of yesses for CAR and some nos and some yesses for TRA so it appears to not be automatic. But I do see it is in the realm of likely. Thanks.

To answer your question I used to look at that list regularly, but not lately. It was always substantially more valuable than any list TRA produced and I for one appreciate that.

BTW there is an error in the list of manufacturers. In the motor tables they list both Kosdon and Kosdon/AT but it is not in the legend.

That pdf file had some motors highlighted in color but it is not clear from a legend why, unless I just missed it.

Since I remember HPR from well before it was called HPR by NAR, I find it quite interesting the sheer number of K, L, M motors, and the fact NAR lists N, O motors. There is a Cesaroni "full O" on that list.

I think the policy of declaring some motors HPR despite being below the model rocket federal thresholds, and arbitrarily adding a thrust limit and a spark limit is a bad idea. The spark limit could be by age of access instead. Redefining motors (by and in NFPA codes) along weight and thrust is an unwise policy IMHO. It conflicts with actual laws and regulatory positions.

Killing the G120 and F100 for model rocket sport use was a bad decision.

Jerry