Thread: Teri Garr
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
If most of your stations are Canadian you must be really close to Port Huron/Sarnia huh ?

We had a 50' tower, antenna and Rotor when I was growing up as a kid....it was not bad, but compared to all my friends with cable it stunk.
My parents refused to pay for cable, although my father is now obsessed with his 50" 1080P Sony HDTV and digital cable.
Even though I pay a lot each month for satellite, the signal is 100% clear, I have ALL premium channels (and local Flint channels) offered except pay-per-views and I just figure it as one of the costs of today's society I can't live without....kinda like my cable modem HS internet, fuel injected automobile, and cellular phone....once you have it you will never go back.

Little Mosque on the Prairie ???
1) That just plain sounds awful
2) That could ONLY be a Canadian or British produced show (kinda like Red Green HAS to be Canadian !)

I'm only 20 miles from Port Huron/Sarnia.

30 years ago the 50' tower was the ONLY option. Previously I had rabbit ears and only got maybe 2 or 3 stations.

Over the past 30 years Canada has come up with a huge number of new stations including 2 multi-language ones 20 and 69.

In the morning English. about 10:00 A.M. Russian, Lunch time English again, 1:00 P.M Portuguese, 4:00 PM to 8:00 P.M. English (sit coms, King of Queens, Friends, Family Guy). 8:00 P.M. Italian, 10:00 English (Sinpsons, King of the hill) .

Very confusing. The weekends are even worse!! The go to Manderin than Cantonese (I can't tell the difference!) then Greek, more Russian...

Saturday evening is all messed up! The usually have a Chinese movie with Japanese subtitles...Go figure that one!

Little Mosgue on the Prarie is a sit com about a mosque and muslims living somewhere in a small town in Alberta. Its been picked up by some US cable networks. The humor borders on insulting to muslims and non muslims.

Red Green reruns are all over the place. I think most every Canadian station uses it as a half hour filler.

There's always Hockey Night in Canada! It's a national obsession with them!

http://sandmandecals.com/