Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:34 AM
BAR

Hey Greg.

Sorry can't find the thread now. Don't know what happened. I linked to it in the "funniest pics you've ever seen" thread on N3 awhile back but when I clicked the link it's not there-- I guess they erased the thread.

Basically Sheri was having it out with some guy from Brazil who ordered a Saturn V from her. She's just moved to Hawaii and told him it'd take around ten weeks or so to build the kit and get it shipped, because half her rocket stuff is in transit or hasn't been unpacked yet. He supposedly agreed and sent the money but then started raising sand after about two weeks, and it's just mushroomed from there. She replied to him on TRF and they slapped her down again and so she took the whole issue to a thread on RP. It was up to like 15 pages or so but I can't seem to find it now. It was titled "my side of the story" or something to that effect.

It's pretty much wound down now but it was pretty funny (in a sad kinda way) to read while it was going on. The dude that ordered the rocket and Sheri were talking past each other. Apparently the guy was pretty abusive and threatening and of course that ALWAYS helps ya know... NOT! LOL

Anyway, Sheri has said she pretty much has washed her hands of TRF because of their moderation policies, which amount to favoritism and capriciousness.

I'm like you... while I do enjoy occassionally reading about such things for laughs if nothing else, I don't have a high BS threshold anymore and don't waste a lot of time on low signal to noise ratio baloney...

Later! OL JR

PS. Here's the link I posted on N3... http://forums.newtons3rdrocketry.co...=asc&start=1155