Thread: Bomar Alpha-B
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 11:46 AM
7/21/61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmbanjo
Step 1 "Emplacing" the engine block.
I looked it up. Emplacing: verb, to put in place or position.
Step 2 "Securing" the engine block.
I had to read step 2 twice, never saw instructions that had you apply more glue to the bottom of the engine block.

The streamer looks like old, heavier picnic table cover material.

Chris,

It's no wonder we're friends, LOL. I loved the use of the word "emplacing" as well. I think you are supposed to lift your pinkie finger on the hand doing the emplacing while accomplishing the task. Very fancy rocket building.

And you are right, the streamer has a slightly rough texture, could be picnic table cover.

I also really like the pattern included in the instructions for a "streamer/parachute protector." It says you can cut these out of flameproofed crepe paper and use them instead of wadding. The protector pattern is the same as what came in the first Model Missiles kits before wadding, as we know it, was invented. The shock cord attachment method is also similar to the Model Missiles kits using a slit in the side of the tube. But the Bo-Mar instructions suggest you insert it in the reverse direction, so the free end is at the top. Not sure that was a good suggestion. But clearly this model owes a lot to the original Model Missiles kits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Streamer Protector.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  145.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  shock cord attachment.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  83.7 KB