View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 05:42 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The #6 knife handle has already changed to the "current/ modern" style handle.
The two versions of the "Big Honker" #6 are prior to 1949.
Wonder if those handles are pre-WWII ?
I immediately made the same two observations ... you know I went straight to the page with the #6 handle to see just what it looked likein this catalog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
As we are able to get more catalogs -- a challenging feat I'm finding out -- we can fill more of these data holes. But, slowly and surely we are beginning to narrow down time frames on some products.

I also got a 69-70 catalog on the way, but we already have a scanned copy of that from the Internet Archive.

As I get more, I'll scan and forward on!

Earl
Very cool Earl, and again much appreciated! Very interesting to see how the line progressed through the catalog documentation. I'll never be a serious collector like Sue on Xacto but I still have some things I want. I'm really happy with what I've purchased so far and using these vintage tools for my rocket builds is just great. I really like the older numbered blades too. Keeping those sharp and trying to be careful to to break them.

Like GH said in a previous post if you treat these tools right they are certainly well made and strong enough to last a lifetime.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates