View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:35 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
I'm waxing philosophical here, but...it seems to me that, while it would be extremely kewl to get some of these old Enerjet motors again, they would soon lose their luster. We'd soon be preferring smoky motors instead.

I guess what I'm saying is that we (me included) are trying to recapture a bygone thrill. And while we may actually achieve that - once - maybe two or three times - it quickly loses its potency and we're then looking elsewhere.

Somewhat similar, I get a thrill out of flying a new rocket, but after only a few flights I want to build and fly something new and different.

This all means that, while we'd buy one pack of those Enerjet motors, we probably wouldn't buy many more.

Sometimes yesterday's thrill makes for a mundane rerun. Nevertheless, I keep thinking I'd buy a bunch of those B14-0's

Doug

I have to disagree, as I have always loved the no smoke motors.

they are MUCH more photogenic - what can be cooler than a photo of a nice rocket sitting atop a completely smokeless boost, with the flame maybe visible, maybe not .

and you pay for that smoke / effects anyways, so give me the low cost smokeless ,progressive burn motors any time, thank you ... ( although making bates grain motors with generic propellent should not add much cost, versus case bonding the grains,only adding the cost of casting tubes and the extra labor step of dropping into the case.

will see what I have for old photos and maybe post a couple :-)

~ AL