Thread: eBay Deals
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:40 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Many have probably seen similar knife sets at their local discount hardware stores or Big Lots type store, but this seemed like one of the better prices I've seen for one of these three-knife sets with multiple blades. Little more than $5, with free shipping.

I bought a set just like this a number of years ago and still use a couple of the knives to this day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-16pc-Ho...0661 271624%26

Earl

So long as they have metal collets, then I think those are some good ones... I've bought a set of hobby knives from Harbor Freight when I started rocketry again years ago... the cheapy ones with plastic collets to hold the blades-- not worth a darn... they'll last maybe one or two blades, IF you don't do any heavy cutting, and then the collets will get so they won't hold a blade tightly, and you can't keep the locking barrel (the part you twist to tighten the blade) simply won't stay tight and won't hold...

Don't waste your money on cheap knives with plastic collets-- save your money and put a little with it and buy a couple good handles...

Later! OL JR