View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 02:43 PM
NAR #78048 L1 - Life Member

Landing in New York to be confronted by this news. To say that it's stunning is indeed understated.

We had dinner with Carl & Sheryl the first Saturday night of NARAM. As others have said, there just aren't nicer people or better ambassadors for the hobby than these folks. We've lost one of the modern day giants in the hobby - engineer, mechanic, chemist, artist, Carl was all of these things and more, but I've always thought the thing that really made him special was his ability to treat you like you were his only customer in the world. He just genuinely loved people, and it showed.

At dinner we must have spent close to three hours just talking rockets and the hobby. Everything from why he chose to make kits a certain way, different processes he used in the shop, the plans for boutique motors, and of course the history and connections that always reside in a small community like this. A genuine treasure, he will be genuinely missed.

One of my best and cherished memories is working with Carl and Miss Sheryl to produce the PSC infinity kit. Once the parts were made and the instructions written, my wife and I traveled to Semroc to do the kitting of the first run. An experience that will never be forgotten.

Our hearts go out to Miss Sheryl and family at this time, and we offer our very best support.
YORF #003
SAM #004