View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Craftsman

Default I pretty much gave up on TRF

when a number of the armchair experts all strained their arms while patting each other on the back. They were all so busy posting the typical "I did it, and got away with it, so it MUST work!" kinda stuff. I had posted a bit of cautionary warning, based on actual physics, which they were all attempting to urinate upon.

The capper was when one of them posted an SAWE technical report. SAWE is Society of Allied Weight Engineers. As in, the exact same bunch that I worked with for 30+ years as an advanced design mass properties aerospace engineer at a couple of major aerospace companies. As in the exact same kind of control surface mass-balancing that I have run into many times. And the report they posted, and claimed that it said what they wanted, instead actually pointed specifically to the scientific principle that I had originally highlighted. But they couldn't read the report.

You can lead a horse to water.....or a horse's posterior.....

My opinion of the current TRF: it has been largely taken over by JoeBobs ("hey, hold my beer and watch THIS!") who are trying to one-up each other, launching bigger and bigger fireworks motors, with little or no actual knowledge of aero, thermo, physics, or much else. I am pretty much done with trying to educate anyone over there, have better things to do with my time.