View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 11:43 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
The Phoenix Bird had thin wall ST-13 tubes and the Enerjet 1340 had thicker wall, perhaps Minimax or custom tubing, that being the only kit I recall seeing it. TWO different nose cone and coupler molds! The 1340 fins came red and the Phoenix Bird Blue and later other colors. Same mold. Lee once discussed the mold in great detail with me and mentioned several ways he wished he changed the design to improve strength and manufacturability.

They always gave spare PB's for retail demos we did and public displays like football halftime shows, fairs, and air shows. We were outreach gods.

MPC gave a lot of "Moon Go's", Centuri "Phoenix Birds", and Estes "Big Berthas".

On that BEAUTIFUL Phoenix Bird photo, the first one has a Nike-Ram plastic nose cone, the second a Phoenix Bird nose cone and the third would be an Enerjet 1340 nose cone if it were red plastic and for thicker wall tube. The 1340 coupler has a band in the middle so that looks original. I want 10,000 parts from that mold.

Jerry

Polaris Section 193 Claremont, CA

Jerry,

Do you still have any of your original 1340's?

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates