View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
I remember now that the guy asked me to at least keep Parts 00 and 03 alive, which I did. But I pulled the plug on even that yesterday. Maybe I'll edit the FAQ to take out the obsolete information and post it occasionally.
I have a solution. Post a fully updated and constantly reviewed FAQ to a website to a stable URL. Post the URL to FAQ part 00. Reference to widely commonly available info being okay. Nobody has ONLY usenet access anymore. It costs to access it now thanks to common ISP's deprecating it. Adjust to reality given your unique access to being maintainer for rec.models.rockets FAQ 00 and 03 and many others. Same thing, replace the text with web URL's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtschachner
So Google does more than archive, you can post too. I just replied to Jerry's original suggestion of BFF from back in 1996. Weird.
You could have done it all along, but only realized it now, all these many years later . . .

BFF (Buying Frenzy Fad) was a good idea then, I implemented it with great success, and it is a better idea now that the internet has killed brick and mortar. BFF YORF and spam TRF and ROL with it too. Maybe even TRA and NAR lists!

I nominate Featherweight as my first BFF for 2014. [some bitch renamed it best friends forever]

Just Jerry