View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
This VW Diesel Exhaust Emissions supposed "Scandal" is a fargin' joke.
I for one hope (but know it won't) VW gives the US EPA the big EFF-YOO !
Quite frankly, I don't agree with having ANY environmental/emission regulations on non-commercial vehicles under 10,000 lbs. Should be ZERO regs regarding this.
If an individual wants to save their own little piece of the environment, so be it. If one conversely makes the INDIVIDUAL CHOICE to RUIN a little piece, that should be a LEGITIMATE LEGAL choice as well.
Regulate large power plants and factories along with COMMERCIAL vehicles over 10K lbs ONLY.
I agree with virtually ZERO of the gov't forced safety mandates on automobiles as well.
I can agree with forcing a lot of it to be available as OPTIONAL equipment to be purchased at consumer discretion, but NOT mandatory inclusion. Drives the vehicle cost WAY too high.
About the only safety devices that should be standard are seat belts for all seats (of which the use should ALWAYS be an OPTIONAL personal choice) and a single airbag for the front driver and passenger. All other devices/controls should be purchaser discretion.
I've been reading about this with great interest. There are several good articles I've seen on the EETimes website. Here's one: http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp..._msgpage=1#msgs

This could have a huge impact on the car business. VW could get hit really hard. And I imagine several other car makers have some engineers holding a tight @$$, wondering whether anybody's gonna figure out their cheats

Doug

YORF member #11