View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdros
I ordered the parts for the clone from Semroc but I didn't know what to do for the pod nose cones. The parts list said the pod tubes are ST-7 but I found a reference to PNC-20Y for the nose cones but they're for the BT-20 body tubes. Will they work? Or should I have gotten BT-20 body tubes for the pods?

Also, can anyone suggest wraps? I saw a thread that Intruder built a clone using Little Joe wraps. The thread goes back to 2005 or so and now it's five years later. Is there a place that I could get wraps that would work well?

Nobody has commercially available Orion wraps, or 1/100 scale Saturn wraps, which is what the Orion wraps are based on. There is a guy that has made some vacuformed Saturn wraps in the past, but I don't know if he still does. It's a one-at-a-time, very low volume affair if he does.

You should try making the wraps like Kody (Intruder) did. They look great and it will prepare you for building the SEMROC Saturn 1B if you haven't already. All you need are the LJ wraps and some scrap balsa.

The SEMROC site is down right now, so I can't look. When it comes back up, I'll check my order history and see what I bought for Kody's Orion.