View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:41 PM
The Prodigal BAR Returns (again)

Very nice! Just put in my order with AC Supply during lunch today. Website says "In Stock", unless it's lagging behind actual inventory because you guys cleaned 'em all out! Ordered 2, of course: one for a practice "boilerplate" run, and one to build the right way, for show.

I remember very clearly that my first Centuri catalog (1977 #1, I'm thinking) had a blow-out sale for the remaining 1/45 LJII kits. At the time, I wasn't interested in such a gnarly, aesthetically unpleasing rocket (plus, a lot of my meager rocket budget had to go for ENGINES), so I passed on the opportunity to get the original kit at an insanely low closeout price. Later coulda sold one or a dozen of 'em for a pretty penny on eBay. But my 11-year-old brain was not up to foreseeing eBay and the Internet back then!

Anyway, my Inner Geek has matured a great deal since then, and now I'm pretty excited about this kit.
NAR #29660
I am a SAM - a SAM I am! (#489)
"Who would ever trade a simple, easy-to-understand command line for a confusing GUI and a clumsy mouse? Madness!" --Doswonk, ca. 1993