Thread: Cheap Motors
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone
Default Trying to keep this thread alive......

Well, spent the day driving around. In the process, stopped at three Walmarts. The first one had rocket motors shelf priced at $4.97 but scanned at $3. Huge selection, mostly old stock, but I just couldn't get myself to pay that much for them.

The second Walmart was just an after thought stop. Had C6-3s, 5s and 7s. 21 packages total. Shelf price was a whopping $6.97. Man, I thought, the era of cheap motors was over for the year. I went ahead and scanned them anyway. What a surprise. The C6-3s scanned at 98 cents and the rest scanned at a dollar. Needless to say, I left the store with 21 motors and one of the new style double stacked display boxes. They didn't need it anymore anyway....

The third Walmart was one I had passed earlier in the day since my granddaughter was serenely sleeping when we drove by. A quick check found only two packs of C6-3s but they scanned at a dollar each so I figured there was no sense leaving them on the shelf.

Never did see any of the new "Sustainables". I guess I'll check some of the local places tomorrow. Nothing better to do when the rain is pouring down. Sure am glad I spent Thursday and Friday patching my roof......