View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 10:48 PM
Craftsman

Default AVI Galactic Chronicle vol. 1, no. 1 - Sept. 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I think we were talking about him taking cell phone pics of it.

In 1973, AVI - Genesis Corp. started a club called the Galactic Fraternity and began printing (in addition to their other large print catalogs/encyclogs) a large format newsletter called the Galactic Chronicle in September 1973, for those who subscribed. The Galactic Chronicle was on large sheets of yellow paper instead of newsprint.

Attached here is the September 1973 premier issue of the Galactic Chronicle, vol. 1, no. 1, for your examination. I've used my cell phone to grab pics of it as an experiment to see how well it will do. There is actually one of these up for sale on eBay right now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2742112012...353.m2763.l2649
It is not my listing, but I have purchased from this seller before, several times in the past. He has always been reliable.

AVI seemed to have several ambitious projects they were attempting. AVI had various publications, a new premier AVI Model Rocketry Catalog, various design and workmanship contests, model rocket motor production, marketing of AVI, MPC, MRI, as well as other companies' model rockets. It seems they were attempting much more than they could handle and it eventually caused their demise.

On page 4 of the Sept. 1973 Galactic Chronicle, AVI claimed to be working on a highly detailed 1/200 scale plastic Space Shuttle model with tower. They even had plans to do 1/200 scale models of the Saturn V and Saturn 1b. It doesn't appear that any of these models from AVI came to fruition.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Galactic_Chronicle_vol_1_no_1_Sept_1973_p1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  1.41 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Galactic_Chronicle_vol_1_no_1_Sept_1973_p2.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  1.35 MB  Click image for larger version