Thread: Themes?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:00 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
I happen to really like the appearance of YORF. It's distinctive, and I think that the white-on-blue text is quite kind to my eyes. My only complaint is that it puts a practical limit on the ways that I can color text in my posts. Oh, and it needs more smileys. (OK, that's two complaints.)

MarkII

So, Mark, if I could talk you and everybody else into coloring their text BLACK it would be easier to read on the light blue background...

How'd you do that anyway?? (grins)

I didn't say it wasn't pleasing-- I like the look of YORF as well! I just wish there was a little more contrast between the lettering and the background color. Like I said, it COULD be worse-- I've been on some webpages where it's darn near impossible to read ANYTHING because they chose RED for a background color with the text on top, and for some reason red tends to 'bleed out' over the text and make it hard to read. I dunno, maybe it's just MY eyes but I've noticed the effect, as has my Mom and a few other people I know...

The absolute WORST I've seen is yellow text on top of a RED background... though patterned backgrounds are almost as bad. The contrast is SO low, coupled with the 'bleed through' effect, that I could scarcely tell there was text on the page, let alone read it!

Thank goodness that YORF doesn't have tons of blinky flashy pop-up crap (smilies not included, they're cool!) and SIDEBAR junk.... MAN I HATE SIDEBARS!!! They make it SO hard to read stuff... even at nasaspaceflight.com I have to zoom in on every page to 150% to get the font large enough to read, and to shove the sidebars off the edge of the screen so the text box covers the full screen. Sadly that little trick won't work here-- zoom in much and the text box is wider than the screen...

Ce la vie... OL JR