View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 08:51 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Question Looking for Transroc & Manuals Info (Base Kit & Microphone)

As an exercise, I'm looking to throw together a Transroc recreation. Unfortunately I can't find my original Transroc -- not sure if it was thrown out over the past quarter century or just lost in the house somewhere. I do, however, have my original manual.

At this time, I'm missing two things:

1) The value of R6. The manual says "selected", and although it's called out that the value is part of the R6/Q4/D2 matched set, a starting point would be greatly appreciated if possible. If someone has an actual Transroc and could look at the color bands for R6, that would be great.

2) The part number of Q2. This is the microphone amp transistor. The base manual doesn't list the number, and I don't have the microphone accessory kit manual. At one point I had annotated my manual with the microphone kit part values, but what I wrote down (HEP G6017) equates to a big hunkin' power transistor in a TO-3 case, so it's obviously not correct what I wrote. Does anyone happen to have a PDF of the Microphone Accessory kit manual for the Transroc (or at least the parts list and schematic)?

Thanks!

-Frank