View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
While I do take issue with over-moderation or more specifically abusive moderation, I wouldn't agree that all of TRF is bad. There are good members and there are good moderators on that forum as well.

However I just have always found that there's been a small group of insiders who really operate outside the rules on TRF, and then there's always been a few moderators who ride members for sport.

For TRF to improve there needs to be a zero tolerance to God-eration. It shouldn't be all that difficult since members are already asked to behave in a certain manner. There should be no reason to expect the moderators to behave any differently, or for there to be an inside crew who is immune from the rules that everyone else must follow.

Moderators should NOT enjoy picking on people. That's the mark of a bully, and we don't need moderators who are bullies on any forum.

And then there's GH, who some might say "started all of this". Well for as long as I've know GH through the forum he's never, not once, asked me to believe what he believes. He states his opinion and then he moves on and so do I. I feel really sorry anyone who finds it just far too offensive for their eyes to have to read someone's opinion if it’s different than their own. I remember a number of members left this forum over this very point, and it just floored me that these "adults" felt that if all opinions weren't in lock step with their own they needed to either a. have the member who’s opinions differed banned or b. they would need to leave the forum themselves. That's just incredibly sad in my humble opinion...

This should be in the FAQ.