View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 12:01 AM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Plan Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Yeah - I've mined all the usual sources. I know the dimensions and shapes of the parts listed in the 63 catalog, but I was noting the difference between the BT-1 and BT-40 dimensions even though they should be the same. Chalk that up to different suppliers, I suppose . I also did know that some of the nose cones and the fin unit were surplus fireworks parts (we've discussed that here or on TRF before).

But the real question is: does anyone have either any of those old nose cones and fin unit, or the plan book? If nothing else, the plan book should be scanned and posted for posterity. I think, given the dimensions and drawings in the 63 catalog and the dirty bird plans, I can make 3D models of those parts, but it would be nice to actually see the parts even if only a photograph. And a set of documentation photos - straight on from multiple directions so the photos can be measured - would be a real bonus.

If anyone's interested, I have an original plan book like this w/exact/blueprint drawings for all 3 kits Vern Estes sent me. Plus, I have a Box full of most of the original BT- 30- (BT-2) and 40 (BT-1) Tubes, cones & Payload Sections, etc.,, incl. the early BT 40 Clear (Hard Plastic) Payloads with original sealed cellophane tape on it w/instructions etc. still inside. Also several original Plastic & Balsa PNCs, but no Fin units. Let me know If you need help. Im disabled, so a reply may (or not) be 'slow', Danny.