View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 08:33 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
As you’d expect there has been much discussion about this. There is a story of a prior big event (an NSL?) where the last flight of the day landed on the high tension power lines to the west, causing a power outage in the area and the strong desire to never have that happen again. (Incidentally a similar incident involving power lines is why the Boeing Employees RC club lost its last field and now no longer exists.)

The winds shifted after Monday’s blow out (and an inch of rain Monday night) and were much better Tuesday and on. I got several flights in off the sport range on Tuesday without going into the corn or the soybeans.

Of course with the contest range sited further south and west corn hasn’t been an issue for contest flights these last few days.

Jeffy, I’m sorry I missed you.

I think the NSL was in 2007. I have a picture of the rocket draped across the wires somewhere, but I can't locate it. I thought I was going to get a day of flying in since Muncie is only a two hour trip, but between my new shift at work and things with my Mom going badly, I never really got a day when I could justify four hours of driving. I tried to console myself by launching a few at B6-4 Field on Friday. Back in the winter they'd taken down many of the trees that surrounded the field. First flight was an Estes Patriot on a B6-4. It's now hanging in one of the trees they left.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper