View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
This morning, while on my way to work, I had the chance to drop in at one our two local
WalMart and check on the hobby aisle. Was surprised to see that they had at least a dozen
new Launchables on the shelf (SpaceShipOne, Bandit, Bull Pup, Sizzler/Star Dart combo, and
another two model combo -- didn't recognize the rocket designs so they must be something new). They also have some more Starter Outfits (Astrocam, etc). But their engine selection
was almost down to nothing (compared to my visit there a few weeks ago, it was the complete opposite, hardly and models but plenty of motors). So, maybe things may be
looking up at the Wal-Marts here in the Houston area....

That is amazing!
I just got back from South carolina, went to the local WM in Rock Hill, absolutely NO rockets, they never carried them and don't expect to be carrying them anytime soon.

I haven't seen any launchables at all in a very long time, maybe they found some stock in the back room.

At a local WM here, they had the same old two starter sets, and the same amount of motors, especially the A10's that have been there for ten months now. The only motors that I saw discounted was one pack of the A10 plugged motors.

Let's see what happens in the coming months, especially, when we approach summer time.