View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
That is amazing!
I just got back from South carolina, went to the local WM in Rock Hill, absolutely NO rockets, they never carried them and don't expect to be carrying them anytime soon.

I haven't seen any launchables at all in a very long time, maybe they found some stock in the back room.

At a local WM here, they had the same old two starter sets, and the same amount of motors, especially the A10's that have been there for ten months now. The only motors that I saw discounted was one pack of the A10 plugged motors.

Let's see what happens in the coming months, especially, when we approach summer time.

What "wowed" me this morning was the SpaceShipOne packaged in the Launchables. Of the
dozen or so Launchables I saw, I think half of the kits on the shelf were SpaceShipOne's.

Since I was in a hurry, I didn't get the chance to look hard at the second two model combo
mentioned in my previous post.

Also, while walking over toward the toy section, I passed by an end display near the toy section that had one of the Estes/Cox R/C airplane sets. Maybe I'll make a weekly visit
and see how well this item(s) moves. There must have been about two dozen of these
R/C airplane sets on two layers of shelf space. BTW, this particular Wal - Mart is right
next to a fairly brand new Hobby Lobby, and there's also a Michael's about a block away
(which, I might add, I purchased a pack of 1/2A3-4T's recently to use on my Gauchito
scale model that's been converted into a four engine cluster model). Hobby Lobby doesn't
carry the four second delay of the 1/2A3's.