Thread: Noris Raketen
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Craftsman

I love the Noris kits and have built the Apogee version of the Vostok, Soyuz and Ariane. Also built the Natter directly from the Reich. No American kit manufacturer who wanted to stay in business would attempt such a kit, the idiot factor is way too high. This is no boring 3'4FNC, it's much worse, a no good stinking oddroc that only acts to scare the bejeezus out of the RSO
The poor Euros have to fly this thing on a D9! Lazy Mericans with their thick tubes, big motors , laser cut fins and hand holding instructions.

The average German school girl can out drive most
American men, so what should you expect the skill level of the Noris V1 builder to be? Assemble and finish your vacuform and cardboard with skill. Do the math and calculate your CP! Directions, who needs them, the Noris builder is better than that! The squishy tube was perfect for the Natter. The cardboard fins work fine but are not bulletproof to Yankee taste. Don't be afraid of a repair, super glue it back on at the field and fly it again because it is now even stronger. Make your modifications because you have big North American motors! This is no Kasserine Pass! We will beat them at their own model rocket game! Don't need fancy stuff, just give me some parts! Old World craftsmanship still exists. Patience and skill over lasercut convenience and thick tube comfort. Love your Noris kit for what it is and you will get many successful flights and it will look good too!

Now I will have to go watch Patton again!