View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 07:23 PM
BP Mafia

Default WSR Beanfield Launch, 3-7-20

Comedy of errors yesterday, starting with the time I got to leave for the 1.5 hour drive to the launch. Just as I was about to start packing the car for the 1.5 hour trip, there came a knock at the door. My wife yells "It's the washer delivery guys!" We still had to clear a path to the laundry room. Got that done and got on the road. 20 minutes into the trip, I realized that I'd not brought my mucking boots, and that we'd had a fairish amount of rain in the previous couple of days.
So, it was about 12:15 when I arrived. I was shocked to find that the winds were fairly light, almost to the point of earning the title of breeze. First up would be my Estes Farside X, C6-0/B6-0/B6--6. It launched perfect, but the delay between the stages gave it a chance to tip each time it staged and by the B6-6 it was pointing away from the pad at a fairish angle. Both boosters landed within 100 feet of the pad, but the sustainer kept on keeping on. I saw the chute, but it was so far to the east that I lost it almost immediately. I walked into the beans, looking for any flash of bright red. Found a Solo cup. Then another. Never saw hide nor hair of the sustainer. After a half hour I gave up and hoped that someone else might run across it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  89349945_10220010908696004_1814506481492426752_o.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  140.6 KB  

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper