View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 12:55 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Final flight of the day was an Estes Star Trooper, quite possibly the oddest of the "bring backs" of several years ago. Flying on a 1/2A3-4T the Trooper also disappeared into the blue, but was quickly found on a round trip of the field. I had no mini-engine birds left in my bandolier, and nothing else that would stand up to the breeze that was now constant, so I packed up and socially isolated myself in the house once more.

I applaud your efforts to build almost every model rocket kit to have ever been offered for sale

I have less knowledge on old Centuri designs. Growing up in Colorado, Estes was very well known, as you’d expect, but Centuri, less so. I do not ever recall seeing Centuri in hobby shops in the Denver area.

I’d sure agree that it was an interesting choice to bring back the Star Trooper. I bought several on the Hobby Lobby clearance last year, but I’ll admit it was to get a body tube and nose cone for some glider builds.

Regarding social isolation, it sounds like we are going to be on tighter isolation here in Larimer County, in northern Colorado. Perhaps most of the state, I just haven’t heard. Only one trip to grocery stores, weekly, maybe? I’m conflicted over the decisions being made.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp