View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 03:32 PM
BP Mafia

I knew Centuri because the guy up the street bought the ESS Raven, but I had no idea where he got it. Then my locker partner got interested in the hobby after paging through my Estes catalog during study hall. That Christmas he got a launch set, but it was a Screaming Eagle. Turns out there was a short lived toy store out where he lived, which was also where the father of my neighbor worked. The place stocked only Centuri rockets. Don gave me a catalog request form from one of his Centuri birds and I mailed it off. It came one day when we'd had all of our first floor windows replaced. I was the lucky guy who got to be home while the house was completely open to the elements. Global warming was not a thing on that day, but I did have something to read. When I finally got my license I went out to that toy store only to find it had long since closed. I never could get the timing right.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2