View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 10:47 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Steve-

I have to agree with you on the USPS comments, regardless of my more recent comments here about how things have bounced from PO location to PO location before making it to my city, especially the PO depot locations in the Atlanta area. In recent months it's just been down right crazy. BUT, that has been an exception.

In my years of running Point 39 Productions (about 14 years), I shipped thousands and thousands of videotapes to every state in this country, all the Canadian provinces, and about 15-16 foreign countries around the world. In all that time, I think I had maybe 2-3 tapes that just 'never showed up' at the customer's address. And one of those said their mail box was at the end of a long dirt road and it was not uncommon for things to get stolen from it. Additionally, there were a couple of tapes that just plain got crushed in shipment that I had to replace for the customer.

But, when I started the business I would never have believed that in all those shipments the loss rate would have been so very, very low. Everyone complains about the PO (I do too sometimes), but in reality they really do a great job.

Earl

I will add my voice in agreement about the USPS. I can never say enough good things about those folks. In 20 plus years of selling, I have had maybe 5 complaints, until the past few months. Recently they have been very slow, poor tracking and, to quote Earl, bouncing from city to city. While many want to blame the new leadership, I think the timing fits the pandemic better. To soon to know for sure, but my guess is it will sort itself out once life starts to get simpler. The only time I use another service is for very large boxes, where FedEx ground is far less expensive.

BTW, full disclosure, I sent the box to Woody that got crunched. He was a gentleman about it. I offered to replace parts as needed, or compensate if replacements are not available but he is ok. Offer stands, Woody.

I hate rules.