View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 11:51 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdracer
I don't think they call it 'Super Monokote" anymore - the iron on stuff is just called Monokote. I think the stick-on stuff is called 'Trim Monokote'.

I have a horrible time finding Monokote or Trim Monokote anymore - it also seems to be available from proper dedicated hobby shops, and the one really good one around here closed about the time of the pandemic (Galaxy Hobbies - great place, I sometimes went in and bought stuff I didn't really need just to help them out).

Yep, iron on shrink cover is "monokote" or various other brands/makes, the "peel and stick" type is "trim monokote". Haven't seen as much off-brand offerings as with the iron-on stuff.

Like you I picked up some different colors and sheets over the years from the "local" (35+ miles away LOL brick-n-mortar hobby shops over the years just to support them. Due to their prices I wouldn't usually buy kits there but supplies, a few tools, and such I WOULD just to support them, because it's nice to have the option to get something local and NOT have to wait a couple weeks or so for shipping to arrive buying it online, even if the price is a little better.

Sadly most of the brick-n-mortar shops are going the way of the dodo, and the recent virus stupidity is just exacerbating that trend. Sad. OL J R