View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 05:43 PM
Master Modeler

My local Target said "limited availability" on target.com for the Astrocam. As it turned out they had two (and now they have one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Then there's a wad of bubble wrap, with a label saying "DON'T THROW THIS OUT!!" (well, words to that effect) Inside is the camera.

I wonder how many cameras had already been discarded....seeing as there is both the label on the bubble wrap and a separate sheet in mine. See attached image.

Other first impressions:

• The pearly white body tube is in fact the same as the one on the Ghost Chaser.
• The string attached to the point of the nose cone, so that the camera will be looking down during descent, is a good idea.
• The 'chute is a 15 inches rather than the usual 12 in a model this size.

I hope the fin can holds up better than on the Ghost Chaser. I have one with ~15 flights on it and the short length above the top of the motor is pretty melted by now and I've never put any Aerotech D10s or D21s in it. It has seen several Q-jet B4-4s but the way the ejection charge well is arranged in those, it would be discharging above the plastic.

To answer your question about the free motors coupon from the other thread—Neither example of the RSSS in the black box that I have had any coupon/web survey thing in it. But the way the survey web page reads somebody may have gotten confused. But this could apply to the new version of the RSSS as well. There was one at my local Target but I didn't buy it.

Camera is on to charge now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_3097.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  1.53 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.42.29 PM.png
Views: 39
Size:  60.3 KB  
AMA 42160
KG7AIE