View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking "When Worlds Collide..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Jay, I just came across your Perpetrator design for the first time; I didn't see it last March when you posted it. I agree with Steve Naquin - its a Novatrator! [SNIP]

But really, ST-7/ST-8, eventually upscaled to ST-10/ST-13? Neither combination would have ever been done at FSI. [SNIP]

Also, post-1974, it would have had a solid balsa transition, with the upper section serving as a payload section and the recovery system being deployed out of the lower section as in your first version.
Mark,

Think of the FSI Penetrator colliding with the Centuri Excalibur. (I'm sure you've seen my ~1.37X Excalibur ST-10/13 upscale elsewhere on this forum. )

Quote:
Anyway, I like it! (But I'm sure that you must have already anticipated that! ) Lately I have been thinking about creating an imaginary series of "FSI designs that were never produced." (Notice that I said "designs" not "kits," so no jokes, please. ) You have already come up with one!
Yes. But just *one.* (sly look)

Glad you like it! Thanks for playing!

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014