View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default V-2 Paint Schemes, 1942-1945

I've been spending recent weeks working on color scheme drawings for the V-2, and I'm pretty much done with the first four pages. These are German test flight colors and Camouflage, and the October 1945 Operation Backfire roll pattern.

I'm spreading these around in the hopes that more people paint their V-2 correctly. Well, at least those who want to. Note that the most-used camouflage pattern, the "Ragged" scheme, is not a bunch of willy-nilly patches of greens and earthtones, but a precisely laid out pattern of patches, with corners placed precisely on a grid. The only pattern that *was* a willy-nilly patchwork of sprayed-on blobs had much smaller patches of color than most people apply, as you can see in the "batik" pattern.

Anyway, I'll see how inserting images goes:

The shading patterns for the camouflage aren't showing up properly on the reduced image, so here's a link to Flickr where you can get the full-resolution version: https://www.flickr.com/photos/48113...57624705434516/

Finally, here is Operation Backfire:

I hope these are of some use. I'm pretty sure I've got most of the German schemes covered pretty well. I'm working on adding to and revising my White Sands V-2 colors next.

Peter Alway