View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Peter,

Great to see you are still providing rocket data for all. Coincidentally, I was going thru my collection of parts today while cleaning my basement shop, and found parts to build a BT-60 sized V-2. I also found a Maxi V-2 stashed up in the spaces between joists. (A great place to store rocket stuff -- I added wood strips parallel to the joists, effectively making a bunch of storage "bins".) Besides owning several of your books, I also have a framed copy of the "Rockets of the World" in my shop.

By the way, I'm the Lee (Lee Reep) that visited you on a trip to Ann Arbor back in the 90s. I still vividly recall holding some of your magnificent models, and talking rockets quite late into the evening.

I'm retired now, and just getting back into model rocketry after a couple year hiatus you'd think I would have had loads of time to build, but my wife has kept on other projects, and I've really concentrated on woodworking. (I've also turned a couple of nice cones on my lathe.) It has been fun digging thru boxes of kits and parts over the past week or so, and trying to decide what to build. And some of my initial effort will be on simple rockets to launch with my grand kids, who are now at the right age to get them involved.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp