View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 08:06 PM
Rocket buildin' machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
So did Bruce sell a bunch of his? I think that was their son's name. As I recall, several early Centuri catalogs were posted to ebay by (I think) Bruce shortly after Carl passed. Hard to believe that later this month his passing will be NINE years ago.... I really miss Carl.

What a great family and family business.

Earl

I'll confirm Bruce sold a bunch of the family number kits (1-5). I think I've picked up just about all the #2/#3's he had, about half the #4's, and am working on one more purchase of whatever's left.

I haven't asked about any of the #1's, fairly sure I couldn't afford them even if they were available but I'm also thinking Carl had specific instructions for those.

What I'd really like to track down is Carl's personal collection of Fliskits #1's. Jim had always held back #1 of every kit and would eventually put it up for auction with proceeds going to NAR's charity fund. I am not sure where ELSE they might have been listed, but over the years had ebay alerts for them, bid on every listing, won about 75% of them, but barely have 1/3 of Flis's total product line. Jim told me many times that Carl had by far the biggest stash of his #1's, and I was a distant second.