Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Old BAR

Default Lady Hawk, Hawks Hobbies

I have some sad news tonight.

Loretta Hawkins has given me permission to update you all on her condition: she is at home with her family and has a very short time to live. She has rapidly advancing lung cancer, and metastatic disease is throughout her brain, liver, and elsewhere. Diagnosed just ten months ago, the usual steps have helped but no longer are effective. Many surgeries later, hospice is in charge now.

She and her husband, Mark, live in the Houston area with their boys, and have a business many of you know as Hawks Hobbies. The business has had to take a back seat, of course for the time being. I have several of their wonderful kits, my Super Orbital Transport being one of my absolute favorites.

She wants everyone to know, for your prayers are needed now more than ever. The Rocket Community has been a real blessing in their lives, and she loves and appreciates all of you.

Also, she wanted me to tell you, she's throwing a bash in around 3 weeks to celebrate her marriage to Mark for 25 years, Hawks Hobbies, her birthday, and her life.

I knew you would want to know.

Allen