Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Craftsman

Default Barry Tunick Did Call . . .

. . . stayed tuned for the transcript of the phone call.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKPilot
. . . stayed tuned for the transcript of the phone call.

I think you have to let people know up front if you are going to publish phone conversation transcripts and/or record the calls. You might want to just summarize instead of typing up the whole thing.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:15 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I think you have to let people know up front if you are going to publish phone conversation transcripts and/or record the calls. You might want to just summarize instead of typing up the whole thing.

Westley: Who are you? Are we enemies? Why am I on this wall? Where is Buttercup?
Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain.
[pause]
Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry' Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I kill Count Rugen.
Westley: That doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying.

Summing up would probably be adequate.
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Master Modeler

Yeah, might be better to summarize. Maybe those interested in the transcript could request that through a PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Craftsman

You are correct,Tim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Old 05-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Mildly Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race58
You are correct,Tim.

Depends on the state. Some states are a "1 party" consent meaning that only 1 party of the conversation has to give consent for it to be recorded. I *think* the location of the recording is what dictates which state law to follow.

-Aaron
Old 05-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Craftsman

Aaron,You are absolutely correct. When you brought it up I went and found this:

Of the 50 states, 38, as well as the District of Columbia, allow you to record a conversation to which you are a party without informing the other parties you are doing so. Federal wiretap statutes also permit one-party-consent recording of telephone conversations in most circumstances.1 Twelve states forbid the recording of private conversations without the consent of all parties. Those states are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.2

Since I am from Illinois I was going by the law I knew which said you had to inform the other party or have a periodic beep to let them know . I stand corrected.
Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by heada
Depends on the state. Some states are a "1 party" consent meaning that only 1 party of the conversation has to give consent for it to be recorded. I *think* the location of the recording is what dictates which state law to follow.

-Aaron
Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Dazed and Confused

Recording a conversation is one thing. Publishing a transcript of the call might be something else entirely.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Craftsman

Default Phone Call

Folks . . . seems to be some debate on whether or not I should post MY transcript of MY conversation here. I logged on tonight to post my transcript. I did not tape the conversation but, did take notes as we talked. I am in my rights to do such and publish facts and state my personal experiences/opinions as long as they're not derogatory.

Having said that and realizng people may not appreciate what transpired, I will not immediately post that conversation on this forum but elsewhere. I simply don't want to offend anyone that subscribes to this board. I like YORF and don't want to cause contention.

If you want to read about the phone call, you know which forum to go to at this point.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Dazed and Confused

I wouldn't be the least bit offended. I just didn't want you to take a chance on the guy filing a lawsuit.