Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Launching since 1970.

http://www.tvspots.tv/video/50949/J...HE-BOX--DIAGRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Last fall, our local Arby's announced their new Arby's Anus Sandwich on a large billboard in front of their store. I never tried it because I was not sure if it was on my diet. When I went back by a few days later, the sign announced their newer special, Arby's Angus Sandwich.

Was their first offering actually the Reuben? I guess I will never know.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Old Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Last fall, our local Arby's announced their new Arby's Anus Sandwich on a large billboard in front of their store. I never tried it because I was not sure if it was on my diet. When I went back by a few days later, the sign announced their newer special, Arby's Angus Sandwich.

Was their first offering actually the Reuben? I guess I will never know.

Now THAT'S funny!

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
What franchise is it? Or is this a company owned store? We had Frisch's in Lexington and Louisville. And there had been Shoney's in St. Louis, but by the time we moved there, Shoney's had parted ways with Big Boy and was doing its own thing.

I recall, many years ago, seeing a TV commercial showing something like 50 different Big Boy franchises around the US and Canada. I know they had Bob's Big Boy in California. Can't recall any others right now.

Doug

Frisch's is our Big Boy, but I've also had Shoney's, Elbes and another that escapes me at the moment. I remember when Shoney's left to try it on their own. Two of the worst meals I ever had were a breakfast in Roanoke, Virginia, and a lunch in Lexington with my Dad and Grandpa on our way to watch Highlands get slaughtered by Richie Farmer and Clay County in the Sweet 16. Truly putrid, and I'm never surprised when I see one closed down, which is more often than not.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Arby's has done it again; another hideous sandwich offering.
Just when you thought it could not get possibly ANY WORSE than their nasty ROT-Roast sandwich, they top it and offer the absolute WORST sandwich EVER devised; the uber-SKANK of them all, the Reuben.
What a total piece of trash way to RUIN perfectly good Rye Bread.
Take perfectly good ROAST beef and marinate/pickle it with RAW SEWAGE water and you get the product falsely passed off as a food known as 'corned beef'
Ruin the vegetable that is ONLY good for making coleslaw by pickling it in the same DUNG-LADEN water to turn it into the abomination known as Sauerkraut.
Take one of the worst dried-out nasty cheeses, Swiss as a topping.
Use the 2nd rankest dressing ever, Russian, which is better only than nasty-a$$ bleu cheez as a sauce.
Slop the vile smelling, nasty tasting mess together on Rye Bread and you have the Reuben, which is not fit for PRISON LIFERS, let alone ANYONE voluntarily eating that swampy fetid thing. Brain Scans should be mandatory for voluntarily eating such rubbish.
One would get far more nutritional value and far LESS toxic destruction of taste buds if one were to eat a can of ALPO DOG FOOD topped with BURNING TOE NAILS served in a smoldering dirty ashtray.

With offerings as hideous as this mess, that chain needs to change their name to GARBY's

ANY WAY one slices it, the Reuben is a TURD !

I sense you're holding back again, GH...

Seek help... OL JR
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrog
Errr, is there anything that doesn't?!?

Yeah... just ONCE I'd like to see GH post something like "Meh, who cares-- I could go either way... I can see both sides of it, and I don't really have an opinion either way... whatever floats yer boat I guess"...

Instead we get these ranting tirades that would make Hitler wet his knickers, and over NOTHING...

So, ya don't like corned beef... too bad for you, more for me. I'm not big on rye bread and sauerkraut in sandwiches/hot dogs, but that's just me... I'll eat the stuff all day long on a plate with some bratwurst (especially beer brats). Wasting perfectly good cabbage making rabbit barf slaw, now THAT is a sinful waste. Also, bleu cheese dressing is EXCELLENT with hot Hooters wings... yum yum!!! Not a big fan of Russian dressing-- but then again, I don't eat salad and other raw vegetables-- I prefer them cooked properly, not raw like rabbit food...

Later! OL JR
Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Instead we get these ranting tirades that would make Hitler wet his knickers, and over NOTHING...

Okay, so you don't get it. Why comment on it?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 03-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Master Modeler

GH is a known quantity/personality. You know what to expect and he's consistent. No problem.

I needle him because it's fun. I suspect he knows that as well. When he rails against something, he knows he's going to get flak. As does P.O., as did Johnathan, etc. I actually miss his impassioned rants.

Strawwalker is a pro at it. He can take it right to the edge, yet not step over the line of disrespectful. The characters here help make this an entertaining site. TRF's loss. That, and they all know their rockets. It's all fun. It would be a dull world without them. My friends are very much like you all. I'm surprised we can all coexhist together on a boat for days at a time. Yet, it works out really well. We bust on one another constantly. And all ya can do is laugh.

Cheers!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:32 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Okay, so you don't get it. Why comment on it?

I'm just laughing that he gets SO terribly worked up over NOTHING...

I can see being passionate about some things... being vehemently opposed to something, or being a vociferous advocate... BUT, to get SO worked up over the menu at friggin' Arby's??

I grant Arby's stuff isn't the greatest... bout the only thing I like there is the French dip thing, because it comes with a cup of Au jous... (well, beef bouillon, but it's still tasty). They DO make THE best chocolate or cherry popovers of any of the fast food joints, BAR NONE... I was sad to see our couple year old Arby's go away just on that account... (guy ran up a huge bill with corporate for a bunch of food and stuff he didn't pay for, didn't pay the rent on the building, sent everyone home one night and the next shift showed up the next morning to find the store locked up and a sign in the window that they were all fired and the franchisee had skipped town).

Hey, if GH wants to have a tirade, so be it... doesn't mean I can't get a laugh out of it... or correct him when he's wrong...

We're all big boys around here... I don't think anybody's gonna go to their room and cry over it... LOL He tweaks me, I tweak him, some play along, some abstain, we move on to something else...

Why not comment?? LOL I like GH, he seems like a pretty smart guy, though his sense of humor is rather sick at times, and he doesn't know sh!t about Hee Haw and RFD-TV, and he doesn't know how to make chili properly and wastes cabbage on rabbit barf slaw instead of making some good sauerkraut with it... other than that, we see eye to eye on a lot of things... Who knows... maybe we'll convince each other some day that the other one was right...

Later! OL JR
Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
I'm just laughing that [GH] gets SO terribly worked up over NOTHING...
I know his posts are hyperbolic, but I don't think he really is.

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 03-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
I grant Arby's stuff isn't the greatest... bout the only thing I like there is the French dip thing, because it comes with a cup of Au jous... (well, beef bouillon, but it's still tasty).
As much as I think their roast beast is plastic, I still love a Beef 'n Cheddar. Put some Arby's sauce on there and you have a definite treatment for Saturday night munchies

Doug

YORF member #11