Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #521  
Old 06-18-2020, 12:17 PM
ghrocketman's Avatar
ghrocketman ghrocketman is offline
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,078
Default

Already bookmarked zapmaster, but thanks !
__________________
When in doubt, WHACK the GAS and DITCH the brake !!!
No DIRECT and MEASURABLE Harm=NO Foul advocate

If you are NOT FLYING LOW in the left lane, you need to GET THE #$&@ OUT of it !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask, you probably aren't
!
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 06-18-2020, 12:51 PM
Faithwalker Faithwalker is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
zapmaster on eBay is Matt Steele. He and some of Jonathan Dunbar's friends are sorting and listing Jonathan's collection. Add zapmaster to your eBay searches as items will be added from time to time. I hope to lend the crew a hand with the effort when travel becomes less of an issue.

Chas

Hey Chas,
Just wondering, 10% of the Jonathan Dunbar collection sales goes to charity to support TeamSteele, Inc.. Do you know where does the other 90% go?

Kind regards,
Jeff
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 06-18-2020, 03:20 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
zapmaster on eBay is Matt Steele. He and some of Jonathan Dunbar's friends are sorting and listing Jonathan's collection. Add zapmaster to your eBay searches as items will be added from time to time. I hope to lend the crew a hand with the effort when travel becomes less of an issue.

Chas


Yes, a number of us have Matt bookmarked and have made several good purchases from him.

I worked with Jonathan a number of years ago on the 'Our' Project at Black Rock and then had conversations with him over the years here on YORF until he was banned from the forum. We had similar interests in some rocketry history themes, so it has been good to obtain a handful of his collection so far from Matt and a couple others in second-hand sales.

I hope in some way Jonathan can know his collection, in a number of different hands now, lives on.

Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 06-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Chas Russell's Avatar
Chas Russell Chas Russell is offline
Retired Missile Technician
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 922
Default

I believe that there are bills to pay from Jonathon's estate and hospice care. I haven't had the opportunity to sit down with the group to discuss that. All I know is that they keep opening storage container and reliving model rocketry history. Stay tuned as it will be fun.

Chas
__________________
Charles Russell, MSgt,USAF (ret.)
NAR 9790, Lvl 1
SAM "Balls Three"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2020