Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 04:40 AM
BP Mafia

Default Keychain cam?

I've been hearing a lot of talk about these and I like the simplicity they bring to flight videos, but is there a major retailer that has these available? Anyone have an idea which one I should look for? I'm hoping to fly this weekend and I'd really like to get some flight videos.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 05-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Technohippie

They're all over eBay for about $20 from US sellers, $10 or less from Hong Kong.

The biggest trick with these things is to use a GOOD quality memory card in them. I put an 8GB Kingston card in mine, and paid more for the card than for the camera itself. Cheap flash memory or the Cbinese counterfeit flash won't operate reliably at the speeds required by this thing, and will cause dropouts or corrupted files.

There are several variations of these cameras, with slight differences in quality. A great website for information is available here:

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/
Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I've been hearing a lot of talk about these and I like the simplicity they bring to flight videos, but is there a major retailer that has these available? Anyone have an idea which one I should look for? I'm hoping to fly this weekend and I'd really like to get some flight videos.

As Bob mentioned, they are all over eBay. However, if you want a reliable USA vendor and most likely a tested product, Rokitflite (Scott) has them at his hobby shop.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCE to AUX
They're all over eBay for about $20 from US sellers, $10 or less from Hong Kong.

The biggest trick with these things is to use a GOOD quality memory card in them. I put an 8GB Kingston card in mine, and paid more for the card than for the camera itself. Cheap flash memory or the Cbinese counterfeit flash won't operate reliably at the speeds required by this thing, and will cause dropouts or corrupted files.

There are several variations of these cameras, with slight differences in quality. A great website for information is available here:

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Bob and others,

In the South West/West there is an electronics store named, 'Fry's Electronics'. They also have a grocery chain, 'Fry's Groceries'.

Fry's electronics has those key-chain cameras for $8.00 at the registers. Not sure if they offer them mail order from their site?

Maybe I should buy a few and try to double my money on ebay with them?!

Jonathan
Old 05-20-2011, 11:43 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
As Bob mentioned, they are all over eBay. However, if you want a reliable USA vendor and most likely a tested product, Rokitflite (Scott) has them at his hobby shop.

Linky please?? LOL Later! OL JR
Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Bob and others,

In the South West/West there is an electronics store named, 'Fry's Electronics'. They also have a grocery chain, 'Fry's Groceries'.

Fry's electronics has those key-chain cameras for $8.00 at the registers. Not sure if they offer them mail order from their site?

Maybe I should buy a few and try to double my money on ebay with them?!

Jonathan

Isn't that an unfortunate name for an electronics shop? A little like Stank Florists.
"The complexity of living is eminently favored to the simplicity of not."
Old 05-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Linky please?? LOL Later! OL JR

You will need to PM Scott (Rokitflite). I don't recall him posting a link for his hobby shop. He posted about the cameras in a long 62 page thread, but I'm not going to dig through it to see if he posted a link.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:42 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
You will need to PM Scott (Rokitflite). I don't recall him posting a link for his hobby shop. He posted about the cameras in a long 62 page thread, but I'm not going to dig through it to see if he posted a link.

'Kay thanks...

Later! OL JR