Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2021, 10:49 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
If the past means anything, we should be watching for another Estes clearance sale soon. I guarantee I won't buy a Star Trooper.

I bought one during the Hobby Lobby clearance way back when (the clearance for the new product offerings and new pricing model). I paid $1.99 I think. It seemed like a good product to get for use as a glider power pod tube and nose cone.

Decal available if anybody needs one.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 02-14-2021, 03:11 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
If you’re thinking of buying any of James’ videos he has sample segments you can watch. Very informative stuff - as I said earlier, I’ve watched my V-2 in America disc multiple times.

I do wish I could buy both the model and the conversion kit straight from Spacemonkeys...

I understand! I'm fortunate, I live in Colorado, so I stopped by Apogee on a trip thru Colorado Springs and bought the conversion kit there.

Also fun to visit, since the lobby has every kit they sell on display (as far as I can tell, I didn’t ask). Several times I’ve seem something that surprised me — a kit bigger than I thought it was, or better looking, etc. The last time I saw the Semroc version of the old Estes Spaceman, I had to have it. I remember seeing it as a kid in my 1964 catslog, wanting it, but never did get one.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp

Last edited by LeeR : 02-14-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:35 PM
Black Brant & Congreve fanatic

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
The ones I noticed discontinued were the #3228 V-2 and the #1293 Black Brant III.

Say what?! They discontinued the Black Brant III?! But... but... but I only had one of those Estes #1293 BBIII kits! And it's a much older kit version based on a round in the older NRC livery that was distributed in the bag with the bright pink (fuschia?) header and face cards, from way back in the "Subsidiary of Damon" days!

So, of course I had to get online and order the newly discontinued/OOP version right away, in my case from Canadian Rocket Store! It was just dropped off by the courier a few minutes ago, in fact; and I must say that with its full colour rendition of the newer (I think) NRC/Bristol Aerospace livery it's a thing of exquisite beauty!

Will it ever get built? Nah, probably not... so maybe before the supply runs out altogether I'll have to order another one (or two?) to actually fly!

Thanks for the heads up!

Was CAR-ACF# S 337
Was NAR# 91049
Was SAM# 0323

Life begins when the countdown reaches zero!