Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Launching since 1970.

I got your "LIBERTY" Dollars right here, buddy:

Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Launching since 1970.

I can also give you 20 of those in change for a "Junior".

Old 07-19-2010, 09:36 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Jonathan,
I live only about 20 miles from the Coney Island restaurant mentioned in that news story and have ate there MANY times.
The food is pretty good.

Mycrofte-
How many Hogsheads are there in a PANTload anyways ?

GH

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
I can also give you 20 of those in change for a "Junior".

Fred,

Can I get those bills with my picture on the front?!

I am ordering from the link posted earlier in the thread ... get on at the basement level and ride the currency all the way to the Penthouse!

Fred you and I have two things that we both like: Rockets and Money!

Jonathan

P.s. In the words of the old pervert from Robocop, 'I'll buy that for a Dollar!'.

Last edited by Cohetero-negro : 07-20-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 PM
BAR

Quote:
I got your "LIBERTY" Dollars right here, buddy:

Oh geez... not those STUPID dollar coins again... OL JR
Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Oh geez... not those STUPID dollar coins again... OL JR

Wow, you find the Statue of Liberty "stupid". How patriotic of you. Is this because it came from France?

(I wish I could legally post the Boeing video "It came from France" which was a funny anti-A380 bit.)
Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Wow, you find the Statue of Liberty "stupid". How patriotic of you. Is this because it came from France?

(I wish I could legally post the Boeing video "It came from France" which was a funny anti-A380 bit.)

The statue has nothing to do with it. Dollar coins are a PITA even your favorite rocket is stamped on it.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:

Fred,

If there is one thing that I admire about America, its our Defense industries.

I drive a Kia, but if I want air-to-air superiority, give me a Northrop F-22 over a Mig/Su anything!

I want the most efficient cost effective passenger plane in the world, give me the Boeing Dreamliner!

We have the best tanks, missiles, UAVs, Subs, Space Warfare on the planet ... just really dumb generals and politicians ruining it.

One might say, Dunbar, you consider yourself smarter then a 4 star general, how flippant and arrogant of you! To that I say, yes in the regards that if I ran the military, I would KILL the enemy. See this modern pseudo warfare of the last 60 years is stupid. In past wars, entire populations were destroyed and razed to the ground ... that and that alone is how you properly wage a campaign against your fellow man:

You kill him, bed his wives, and kill his children... why?

Kill him - that is obvious
Bed his wives - to have new children so that new populations are loyal to you
Kill his children - because if you don't, 12 - 20 years later they grow up to slit your throat in the middle of the night while you sleep.

Today, we wage wars based on 'popular opinion' and what is in the best interests of the people profiting from sales or arms and goods. To put it bluntly, there hasn't been a good war since 1945!

One might way, well we are better than that now ... we need political solutions instead of hostilities ... that is the thinking of a FOOL. People will continue to kill one another until the end of our species. Freedom comes at a continual cost, plain and simple. And evil does from time to time take on human form.

If I were placed in charge of the war in Afghanistan it would be over in less than a month; and yes hundreds of thousands , millions of men, women and children would be dead. Oh Dunbar, you are such a heartless ******* and cruel. Yes. But the point is that if you are willing to fund a military and take the lives of another human being, age and sex shouldn't be a factor ... a human life is a human life no matter what the situation.

This is why I love the battles of the Old Testament, Hannibal against the Romans (Hannibal and his men in one day by their own hands, would KILL 100,000+ Roman soldiers ... think about that ... 8 hours of sun light and in that time, that many deaths by spear, bow, sword, arrow, and hand ... now THAT is warfare! Not the press of a button, or a fire-and-forget missile, but when you have to look the other person in the eyes and take his life in the process ... that is impressive)!

Point I am trying to make: we are chicken-sh*% when it comes to fighting. Instead of quick and decisive victories, wars drag on for decades:

We are still officially at war with North Korea

Afghan is not winnable (Russians failed, British Failed, Mughals failed ... ) with this tepid strategy we are now using. The land has been a constant battle field for the last 2000 years! Unless we go in and kill every man, woman, and child, it will NEVER be winnable so why are we there? What is the REAL reason? I will leave that up to the reader of this posting to figure out. Oh, here is a nice link detailing the centuries of wars in that country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Afghanistan

I look at it this way, an intruder comes into my house, I am shooting at the head and the chest. I am NOT trying to wound him/her or scare them. I need to use total force to protect myself, my wife, my family, my territory. As cold and heartless as it sounds, that is my method of operation. Maybe you are not so resolved, and neither are our policy makes, news media, and generals. And that and that alone is why we are still at war with N. Korea, lost in Vietnam, and will lose in Afghanistan. Notice how we won in Iraq when we decided to kill kill kill. Oh, the 'shock and awe' showed GPS munitions falling in precise locations, but in reality hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens died (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War)

See in order to TRULY defeat your enemy, you must be will to TRULY KILL the enemy (men, women, children).

And Fred, I really respect the products your company creates! Like I said, I want the best military our tax dollars can buy! Now if we can only find the best leaders and generals to go along with it.

Jonathan
Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
BAR

Quote:

No, just the whole idea of DOLLAR COINS.... which have been rejected time and time and time again by the public who DOES NOT want to use the darn things! BUT some people just can't take a hint...

Later! OL JR
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Fred,

If there is one thing that I admire about America, its our Defense industries.

I drive a Kia, but if I want air-to-air superiority, give me a Northrop F-22 over a Mig/Su anything!

I want the most efficient cost effective passenger plane in the world, give me the Boeing Dreamliner!

We have the best tanks, missiles, UAVs, Subs, Space Warfare on the planet ... just really dumb generals and politicians ruining it.

One might say, Dunbar, you consider yourself smarter then a 4 star general, how flippant and arrogant of you! To that I say, yes in the regards that if I ran the military, I would KILL the enemy. See this modern pseudo warfare of the last 60 years is stupid. In past wars, entire populations were destroyed and razed to the ground ... that and that alone is how you properly wage a campaign against your fellow man:

You kill him, bed his wives, and kill his children... why?

Kill him - that is obvious
Bed his wives - to have new children so that new populations are loyal to you
Kill his children - because if you don't, 12 - 20 years later they grow up to slit your throat in the middle of the night while you sleep.

Today, we wage wars based on 'popular opinion' and what is in the best interests of the people profiting from sales or arms and goods. To put it bluntly, there hasn't been a good war since 1945!

One might way, well we are better than that now ... we need political solutions instead of hostilities ... that is the thinking of a FOOL. People will continue to kill one another until the end of our species. Freedom comes at a continual cost, plain and simple. And evil does from time to time take on human form.

If I were placed in charge of the war in Afghanistan it would be over in less than a month; and yes hundreds of thousands , millions of men, women and children would be dead. Oh Dunbar, you are such a heartless ******* and cruel. Yes. But the point is that if you are willing to fund a military and take the lives of another human being, age and sex shouldn't be a factor ... a human life is a human life no matter what the situation.

This is why I love the battles of the Old Testament, Hannibal against the Romans (Hannibal and his men in one day by their own hands, would KILL 100,000+ Roman soldiers ... think about that ... 8 hours of sun light and in that time, that many deaths by spear, bow, sword, arrow, and hand ... now THAT is warfare! Not the press of a button, or a fire-and-forget missile, but when you have to look the other person in the eyes and take his life in the process ... that is impressive)!

Point I am trying to make: we are chicken-sh*% when it comes to fighting. Instead of quick and decisive victories, wars drag on for decades:

We are still officially at war with North Korea

Afghan is not winnable (Russians failed, British Failed, Mughals failed ... ) with this tepid strategy we are now using. The land has been a constant battle field for the last 2000 years! Unless we go in and kill every man, woman, and child, it will NEVER be winnable so why are we there? What is the REAL reason? I will leave that up to the reader of this posting to figure out. Oh, here is a nice link detailing the centuries of wars in that country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Afghanistan

I look at it this way, an intruder comes into my house, I am shooting at the head and the chest. I am NOT trying to wound him/her or scare them. I need to use total force to protect myself, my wife, my family, my territory. As cold and heartless as it sounds, that is my method of operation. Maybe you are not so resolved, and neither are our policy makes, news media, and generals. And that and that alone is why we are still at war with N. Korea, lost in Vietnam, and will lose in Afghanistan. Notice how we won in Iraq when we decided to kill kill kill. Oh, the 'shock and awe' showed GPS munitions falling in precise locations, but in reality hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens died (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War)

See in order to TRULY defeat your enemy, you must be will to TRULY KILL the enemy (men, women, children).

And Fred, I really respect the products your company creates! Like I said, I want the best military our tax dollars can buy! Now if we can only find the best leaders and generals to go along with it.

Jonathan

AMEN and amen!!! This PC "steaming pile of canine fecal matter" is going to be the end of us all...

"War is all hell-- there's no use in trying to reform it! We cannot change these people's hearts. We have to make war SO TERRIBLE, that GENERATIONS will pass away before they again appeal to it... To make war in every way with full fury until they cry "ENOUGH!"!!!! " General William Tecumseh Sherman

The micromanagement of Vietnam gave way to the PC mamby-pamby hand wringing "fight a war with BOTH hands tied behind your back" style in favor today. I never was particularly in favor of EITHER Gulf War, but at least old man Bush, who was a WWII vet, KNEW HOW TO FIGHT IT! Tell the generals "go get em" and turn them loose. The civilian leadership should ONLY issue the objectives to be gained in warfare-- they should NOT be telling the military HOW to achieve those objectives or what is prohibited in doing so. Course old man Bush had his screw ups-- the whole backstabbing of the Kurds instead of supporting their overthrow of Saddam sickened me, especially after Bush called on "the people of Iraq" to overthrow Saddam. Bush Jr. made the same dumb mistakes that LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Clinton, and now Nobama have made time and time again... fight a half-a$$ed war... Ever notice how things were a lot quieter under Reagan?? We knocked the crap out of Libya early on, and the Soviets were scared to death of him-- in 83 they were convinced we were about to wage all-out nuclear war against them at any time... part of that was paranoia, but part of it was realizing that he was a stand up guy that believed what he said and would do what he said, and was unapologetic about it.

We'd STILL be occupying Germany and Japan had Eisenhower and MacArthur fought as "limp wristed" as the current 'engagements' are handled nowdays... You don't "liberate" your enemies, you SUBJUGATE them... no, more than that, you wage war against them with the strongest means possible, destroy and kill them until resistance stops, and then put your boot on their neck until they cry "ENOUGH" and submit. You DEFEAT your enemies... you don't "liberate" them... that comes LATER. You cannot liberate them until you DEFEAT them.

"There is NO substitute for VICTORY" Douglas MacArthur. Truer words were never spoken. Fighting a war with the aim and object being "complete victory through the total defeat of the enemy" is pointless and a total waste of lives on BOTH sides-- it's immoral and unethical.

One day America will learn this, the hard way...

Later! OL JR