Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2021, 09:04 PM
Semi-Pro Rocketeer TRA 10484 L2

Default centuri lectra-line 1 or 2 launch controller

Looking for a centuri lectra-line 1 or 2 launch controller regardless if it works. Just need a good body and hopefully a key.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  R.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  97.6 KB  
=======================

Last edited by Flash : 08-29-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:42 PM

I was hoping to use one of these as a model for cloning 3D printer parts for everyone.

Maybe someone will come forward?

Thank you!
=======================
Old 08-25-2021, 02:11 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

If I had one I would loan it for this purpose but the LL-2 I had years ago was pitched when it failed.
Sorry.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-29-2021, 01:10 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash
Looking for a centuri lectra-line 1 or 2 launch controller regardless if it works. Just need a good body and hopefully a key.

Hi Flash,

I'm in the process of going through my collection to clean things up in the basement. I've got both the orange and black controllers somewhere down there. I'll let you know when I come across them.

In the meantime, are you interested in 3D modeling the MPC Lunar-Lectric Launch Controller?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  20210829_124239a.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  926.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20210829_124323a.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  1,004.7 KB  
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-29-2021, 04:31 PM

Awesome!
To tell you the truth, I've got another person that I'm going to be getting with on the actual modeling. If one was found, I was going to ask Jack Hydrazine

MPC Sounds good! I'll ask.
=======================
Old 06-12-2022, 07:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash
Awesome!
To tell you the truth, I've got another person that I'm going to be getting with on the actual modeling. If one was found, I was going to ask Jack Hydrazine

MPC Sounds good! I'll ask.

So, any updates on the MPC controller ?

Dave F.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:15 AM

I was trying to get Jack Hydrazine to do these for us. He ended up moving and never heard back on anything and I never followed up either. I would recommend contacting him direct.

I was really hoping to get him to do the Centuri one to.
=======================
Old 06-22-2022, 02:43 PM
Master Modeler

Contact Annette Sostarich, the "Space Crafter" (as her Ebay Store is called, see: https://www.ebay.com/str/spacecraft...57.m570.l113337 ). She has an aerospace ^and^ a model rocketry background, and she has 3D printed numerous nose cones, fin units, and other things (including cabinets for crystal radios, just from my descriptions!) for me, and:

She also came up with an innovation, which works equally as well with Estes BT-5/Centuri #5 & MPC T15 nose cones as it did for the large, Centuri PNC-132 and PNC-160 nose cones, which each had a molded-into-the-base [which was pre-glued] "tie-cross" (see: http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/no...a/72cen060.html ). By 3D printing nose cones--of *any* size--with this tie-cross 'printed-in,' the one-piece, hollow nose cones can, without any modification, be used in streamer & parachute recovery models (and boost-glider "pop-pods"), and in motor-ejecting models (such as the Estes Streak, Centuri Li'l Herc, Centuri X-24 "Bug," etc.). ALSO:

Annette could 3D print high-fidelity duplicates of old launch controllers such as the Centuri Lectra-Line ones, the MPC Lunar-Lectric "pistol grip" one, the Estes FS-5 and Solar Launch Controllers, etc. PLUS:

I'm also sure she could 3D print--perhaps in multiple, to-be-glued-together parts, depending on her 3D printer's "workspace volume"--launch pads, such as the Centuri Servo-Launcher (see: http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/no...a/72cen052.html ). Because the Servo-Launcher had extremely short--six inches or so?--battery-to-igniter leads (and thus had very little voltage drop along them; and it was designed for the old "cut-apart," rolled-up nichrome wire igniters with the "flame-paste booster propellant" on the wire every three inches or so, that being the "pre-Solar Igniter" era), it could fire the old igniters using only ^two^--not four--"Photo-Flash" D batteries. With today's improved igniters and improved dry-cell battery chemistry (alkaline, lithium, NiMH rechargeable, etc.), two of these modern D batteries could probably ignite clustered motors, if used in a Servo-Launcher. And incidentally:

Pneumatically-activated launchers or this type are used for firing wire-trailing rockets for lightning-attracting experiments, because there are no conductive igniter wire leads that the lightning can flow down, to fry the experimenters. At least one such NOAA and/or university experiment (or experiment series) used AeroTech rockets (either Arreaux or Mustang kits), fired using a pneumatic launch controller, to trail very thin copper wire aloft (the lightning strikes always vaporize the wires). So if you ever want to conduct a re-enactment of Elijah calling fire down from Heaven, this is an easy--if a bit hazardous, but certainly spectacular!--way to do it. :-) (...sees--in his equine mind's eye--GH going out to buy a big roll of thin-gauge enameled magnet wire...).
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR

Last edited by blackshire : 06-22-2022 at 03:21 PM.