Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SAM - Semroc Astronautic Modeler Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Default The tw-elve days of Christmas

The elves at Semroc want to play Santa this year, so we told them that they could mail 12 Christmas gifts to special rocketeers. They need your input and suggestions, because unlike Santa, they do not know who has been naughty and nice.

If you know someone that would be a special candidate for any Semroc product (less than $40.00), send their name, address, and which product to elves@semroc.com. You can optionally add the reason why the elves should send it to them. (Elves are very suggestible.) The candidate could be a friend, fellow SAM member, relative, or even yourself. Anyone that the US post office can reach (within the US.)

The elves will select one recipient each day starting Dec 12 and mail the gift you have selected to them, along with a card with any message you provide in your email to the elves.

If you want to make public your request to the elves, you can post it in this thread in addition to the email to the elves. We will not announce the recipient unless there is a post making the request public.

You can make multiple requests. There is no guarantee that all requests will be filled. There could be less than 12 (or more than 12) based on the number of requests that the elves receive. As always, the elves' decisions are final (at least this time.)
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 12-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Dear Elves:

Dear Semroc Elves:

I know a trio of rocketeers very deserving of a visit from the Semroc elves. We have a small group of rockeeters that have a monthly launch, and always have a competition of some type. We have been launching as a group since March of this year. One of the members of our group is a young mother and her two kids, who started coming in May to our launches after hearing me talk about our escapades at work. She said she had been looking for a hobby to introduce to her two kids, Payge, 12, and Alex 8. I invited her family to our May launch, and they have been coming each month since. Each month, we have a rocket building class where we build a different rocket as a group, and again, her family has attended each.

Bobbie and her family missed the launch we had today, 12/11, because two weeks ago the apartment building they were living in burnt to the ground, they were unhurt, but lost everything. Her family has been feverishly helping her remodel a house Bobbie bought a month before the fire, (they are currently bunking at Grandma's) so they can move in before Christmas.

Our club got together and bought kits to replace those that were lost in the fire. Our upcoming contest in January is the "Bertha Triathalon". It includes 3 launches with a variation of the Big Bertha for chute duration, streamer duration, and closest to the pad.
In this contest we do not restrict the motor size. The variations of the Bertha that may be used are the Big Bertha, Mini Bertha, Baby Bertha, Super Big Bertha, Ranger, Rascal, Micro Bertha and the Broadsword. I think the parts to build a Ranger, Rascal, Mini Bertha or Big Bertha would be a great gift for them from the elves.

When I talked to Bobbie the other day, she told me her daughter was worried that I would be mad because I had lent the family "October Sky" on DVD, and it was lost in the fire. I told Bobbie to tell Payge that the only thing that mattered is that no one was hurt, I could probably come up with another DVD somewhere!

Bobbie Tennis
Payge Smith
Alex Smith

1640 St Clair, Apt 2
Vincennes, Indiana 47591

Thanks so much Semroc Elves for this giveaway! Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

3 Hairs
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

First gift went out today!

There have been some good suggestions. Keep them coming. Don't forget to put the kit suggested and anything you want on the card in quotes, like "Best wishes from your friend Jennifer Aniston." Sorry, that was another thread.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 12-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Master Modeler

Tim Quigg got his Scrambler today. Thanks to all the Semroc elves!!
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 12-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Thanks to all that participated and sent in suggestions. We were not able to fill all the requests, but I think the elves had fun.

The Ranger and Bertha parts went out to Bobbie, Payge, and Alex mentioned earlier. Thanks to 3 HAIRS for letting us be a small part of their recovery from their loss.

You have seen some other results of this program mentioned here. SAM's helping SAM's. SAM's helping the hobby. This should not be a Christmas only thing. Let us know if you see other needs like these throughout the year.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 12-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Craftsman

I want to thank Carl and everyone at Semroc for their generosity and quality kits,also for the tw-elve of Christmas and my SLS Scorpion kit.Happy New Year and will continue to support and purchase from such a fine vender.cjp
Old 01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
snip...
You have seen some other results of this program mentioned here. SAM's helping SAM's. SAM's helping the hobby. This should not be a Christmas only thing. Let us know if you see other needs like these throughout the year.

Semroc helping it's customers and the hobby in general. I know of no other company like yours. None.

Thank you.