Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2023, 05:27 PM
Craftsman

Sorry. Is there a particular human tragedy that was allowed by a "live and let live" mentally that you'd feel more comfortable with? That response would be "liked" multiple times in The Other REocketry Forum:" , by the way
Old 03-26-2023, 07:41 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

That "other forum" always has been and always will be a POS.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 03-26-2023, 07:53 PM
Master Modeler

I use both forums. I must say this forum stays with rocket talk. The other forum has an awful lot of meaningless threads that have nothing about rockets. Sometimes the other place has a spot or two of good information, but this is my go-to place for rocket talk.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:22 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
I use both forums. I must say this forum stays with rocket talk. The other forum has an awful lot of meaningless threads that have nothing about rockets. Sometimes the other place has a spot or two of good information, but this is my go-to place for rocket talk.

Just my two cents.

Good point - I use the “New Posts” function and scroll through what pops up for stuff that piques my interest (use the “Today’s Posts” function here pretty much the same way). There’s a bunch of topics that are really easy to ignore but then there’s typically a couple that look good. For example over on TRF somebody asked if anyone had detailed pix/drawings of Nike-Smoke or Ho Jo fins - something even more in-depth than Alway’s drawings in RotW - and though I’m not likely to use what shook out (I’m not a rivet counting brass hat when it comes to scale) it was still some good stuff. The pix of Ho Jos were really interesting.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...jo-fins.179044/

NAR #102949/L1
Old 03-27-2023, 06:14 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
Good point - I use the “New Posts” function and scroll through what pops up for stuff that piques my interest (use the “Today’s Posts” function here pretty much the same way). There’s a bunch of topics that are really easy to ignore but then there’s typically a couple that look good.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...jo-fins.179044/

That's the only way I can do it too, with the "New Posts" function. Sometimes there are even a couple of threads on that first page that actually relate to model rocketry.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:26 AM
Master Modeler

At the moment I am following the thread by Big MacDaddy on his 3D-printed X-15 on the other forum. I'm a big X-15 fan. I wish and wonder why he is not on this forum because he sells his 3D parts as kits. Hoping to pick up an X-15 kit when he makes them available.

For me the rest of the stuff over there is junk, but that's just me.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:42 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
TSometimes the other place has a spot or two of good information, but this is my go-to place for rocket talk.
Actually, the other forum has a HUGE amount of technical data and I go there to search for it if I need something. However, a few outrageous PMs primarily from one admin lead me to no longer provide them with ad revenue by posting anything there except on rare occasions. I also deleted the MANY externally stored images I posted there leading to image error icons in every post of mine that used them. I would have instead deleted all of my posts if I could have.
The other day I sat next to a woman who has a profound fear of flying. I wanted to comfort her, so I said, "Don't worry, we're not gonna' crash. Statistically, we got a better chance of being bitten by a shark." Then I showed her the scar on my elbow from a shark attack. I said, "I got this when my plane went down off of Florida." - Dennis Regan
Old 03-27-2023, 12:34 PM
Not so Junior

I recently found a good feature over there where you can mark a particular forum to not be included in the "new posts" list. I exclude things like watering hole and new member intros and other off topic areas which makes looking for interesting threads easier. But then I haven't been really active in either place for a while.

kj